Sony Computer Entertainment Europe are desperately trying to kickstart sales of the PSP Go by offering ten free games to anyone who purchases a PSP Go from the 9th of June. The promo is available to anyone who purchased a PSP Go after April 1 as well, however. The offer will last for “a limited time.”
The ten games you’ll be getting are as follows:
* Assassins Creed: BloodlinesTM (Ubisoft)
* Grand Theft Auto: Vice City Stories (Rockstar Games)
* Gran TurismoTM (SCE WWS)
* James Cameron’s AVATARTM: The Game (Ubisoft)
* LittleBigPlanetTM (SCE WWS)
* MotorStorm® Arctic Edge (SCE WWS)
* NEED FOR SPEED SHIFT (EA)
* Pursuit ForceTM: Extreme Justice (SCE WWS)
* 2010 FIFA World Cup South AfricaTM (EA)
* WipEout® Pure (SCE WWS)
Not a bad selection, but really for the price of the PSP Go you’d expect it. I never thought Sony would ever be able to sell the system at the ridiculous price point.
To get hold of the games Sony sets out the slightly-overcomplicated process as follows:
The process is simple. First, unwrap your shiny new PSPgo and connect to PlayStation®Network . Then launch PlayStation Store to download the new PSPgo theme. We’ll then email you a voucher code so you can start downloading your ten free games and enjoy!
If you can read past the PR speak, it’s not that bad, but it still seems silly to have to download a theme to get a code to download the games.