Today is the final day of the Engineer update process, and as such your Steam client is probably already updating with the new content. While it’s doing that, here’s a bit of light reading: the news toys to play with.
First, Valve have announced Thunder Mountain, another new payload map set in a woodland area. It’s not nothing particularly noteworthy to show for itself, but I’m positive it will be a really fun map.
The real news is the Engineer’s Wrench replacement, the “Gunslinger”. This robotic glove adds 25 health to the wearer, allows the user to crit if they manage three punches in a row, and best of all means that one can build a new type of Sentry gun.
This new Sentry only costs 100 Metal, builds four times faster, and when you place it, it has full health already. Great for playing rush Engie- but the Sentry cannot be repaired or upgraded, and only deals half damage compared to the old Sentry.
The list of achievements for you to be getting on with can be found here, and the full patch notes are below. As it turns out, the Engineer can now move his buildings around.
Team Fortress 2
- Added The Frontier Justice.
- Added The Wrangler.
- Added The Gunslinger.
- Added The Southern Hospitality.
- Added 35 Engineer achievements.
- Engineers can now pickup & move their buildings.
- Added Engineer main menu music.
- Added 4 new maps:
- Thunder Mountain, a 3 stage Payload map.
- Hightower, a Payload Race map.
- Upward, a Payload map.
- ColdFront, a community built Capture Point map.
- Item tuning:
- The Sandvich now uses a cooldown timer, instead of the health pack recharge mechanic.
- The Gunboats now reduce self-damage by 60% (was 75%)
- The Tribalman’s Shiv bleed duration reduced to 6 second (was 8), and its damage penalty increased to 50% (was 35%).
- Added better feedback sound for Pyros on when their flamethrower is doing damage.
- Fixed blood effect on bleeding player.
- Added a glow effect to Payload carts.
- Added Romanian language support.