If you’re a PC gamer, there’s a good chance you’ve heard of Razer. You know, the guys who make those really sexy and expensive PC gaming peripherals.
Moreover, if you’re into the latest and greatest PC games, there’s a good chance you’ve been playing Battlefield 3.
Well, Razer, EA and DICE decided to get together and make a line of licensed BF3 peripherals. Better yet, they sent them over to us to check out! Huzzah!
Let’s see what we’ve got here…
First up is the Black Widow Ultimate Battlefield 3 Collector’s Edition Keyboard:
It’s the same as the original Black Widow, but it’s been pimped out BF3 style.
Here are the features:
- Full mechanical keys with 50g actuation force (Truth)
- Individually backlit keys with 5 levels of lighting (Yes)
- 1000Hz Ultrapolling / 1ms response time (That sounds fancy)
- Programmable keys with on-the-fly macro recording (I can confirm this)
- Gaming mode option for deactivation of the Windows key (God I hate when that happens)
- 10 customizable software profiles with on-the-fly switching (Yep)
- 5 additional macro keys (It has them)
- Gaming optimized key matrix for minimized ghosting (I don’t know what that means)
- Multi-Media Controls (This is also good)
- Braided cable (Wont tangle)
- Audio-Out / Mic-In Jacks (Convenient)
- 6400dpi 4G Dual Sensor System (Many DPIs)
- Rubberized contoured thumb grip for added control (Always be rubberized)
- Ergonomic right-handed design (What about leftys!)
- Adjustable side buttons (That’s a good thing)
- Razer Synapse Onboard Memory (It has it)
- Up to 200 inches per second* /50g acceleration (IPS is a new metric)
- Seven independently programmable Hyperesponse buttons (More than 6)
- On-the-Fly Sensitivity adjustment (Word)
- Zero-acoustic Ultraslick mouse feet (Zero acoustic?)
But wait, there’s more!
We’ve also got the Razer Scarab Battlefield 3 Collector’s Edition Mouse Mat:
Out of all the things pictured above, this is the only one I opened and used immediately. This thing is sexy, practical and looks amazing on my desk. Dig it:
Now, should you spend $40 on a mouse pad? That’s up to you. But if you’ve got the green to shell out and want to dress up your desk in a practical and awesome way, you can’t go wrong with this mat.
- Fractal 2.0 surface coating (I don’t know what that means)
- Optimal performance for both laser and optical mice (This is true)
- Hard mouse mat providing precise tracking (Sure, why not)
- Improved rubber base for greater stability (It has not moved at all since I put it on my desk)
- Large size suited for most gaming environments: 350(W) x 250(L) x 3(H)mm (It’s pretty big)
- Reinforced carrying case for optimal stowing (yes, it comes with a case)
Last but not least we’ve got the Razer Onza Tournament Edition Battlefield 3 Collector’s Edition Xbox 360 Wireless Controller. (That’s a mouthful)
This is apparently for people who play Battlefield 3 on console or something…
- 2 Adjustable resistance analog sticks (Nice)
- 2 Multi-Function Buttons (MFB)
- 4 backlit Hyperesponse action buttons (Cool)
- Precision D-Pad (Precision!)
- Non-slip rubber surface (Dat grip)
- Quick release USB connector (Quick release, baby)
- 15 foot, lightweight, braided fiber cable (Won’t tangle)
- 2.5mm microphone jack (Convenient)
- Approx. size in mm: 109(L) x 154(W) x 60.5(H) (Standard)
However, there’s a chance you can’t afford all this stuff or haven’t been able to steal your mom’s credit card lately. What a shame…
If only there was some gaming site that was giving it away… but who?!
Wait for it…
Prove to us that you’re a TEAM PLAYER in Battlefield 3 and you could win the Razer Black Widow Keyboard and Imperator Mouse pictured above!
Here’s The Rundown:
Upload a video, screenshot, or show us something awesome from your Battlelog that proves you know how to play Battlefield 3 as a team for the win!
You have until Sunday, November 13th to enter.
GET TO IT SOLDIER!!