Crucible aims to improve EVE’s graphics, interface and game mechanics with a focus on getting the game ‘back to basics’. In other words, returning EVE to a game in which negotiating space and your spaceship are paramount.
The expansion includes quite a number of improved features based on player feedback and requests made by EVE’s passionate and vocal community. Such features include:
- Four fan-designed battlecruisers built to deliver swift and effective destruction to the opposition
- Over a dozen stunningly remade nebulae, changing the look and feel of EVE’s universe completely
- Other fan-favorite graphical improvements such as engine trails, warp tunnels and shadows
- Time dilation in fleet flights — adjusting time itself to keep fairness alive when hundreds of players face off against each other
- 3 new factional captain’s quarters with unique, artistic looks
- A significant ship rebalancing effort, to bring greater diversity and balance to large and small scale conflicts
- A lot of small changes — from fonts to UI to Doomsday devices to PvE tweaks
- Next week we’ll have a larger breakdown of the features and changes available for press.