Have you been playing the recently relaunched f2p version of DC Universe Online? If you have, there’s a bunch of new content available today thanks to SOE’s release of the latest DLC pack for the superhero MMO.
Lightning Strikes focuses on the character of The Flash and introduces the game’s eighth power set, Electricity Powers. DC Universe Online players can access the following new content:
- Central City - Experience solo and group adventures with the all-new map.
- Flashback Duo - In the Flashback Duo, players can travel back in time to the very moment when Barry Allen became The Flash and battle foes inside the Central City Police Station.
- Electricity Powers - Players can now utilize the new Electricity Power set and use new types of healing powers and damage attacks in combat, including:
- Tesla Ball – Creates a floating ball of electricity that zaps nearby enemies
- The Shockwave – Shoots streams of electric bolts at enemies
- Ionic Drain – Drains energy from the environment to replenish a player’s health while simultaneously damaging surrounding enemies
- New Gear - Players can earn all-new gear sets including the new Zoom-inspired set for villains, and the new Black Lightning-inspired set for heroes
- New Characters - Encounter new iconic DC Universe characters, including Livewire, Black Lightning, The Top, The Trickster, Static and much more.
“The Flash is one of the premiere characters in the DC Universe and has long been a fan favorite,” said Jens Andersen, DCUO Creative Director, Sony Online Entertainment. “We’re excited to deliver a new and exciting adventure featuring The Flash with our latest DLC, Lightning Strikes. Players can participate in new solo and group content, new bounties, as well as interact with The Flash-themed characters and content – it’s pure action-charged fun.”
The new DLC is available for $9.99 USD for Free and Premium players on both the Playstation Network and PC. For more information or to make a purchase, head over to the official site.