Players will be able to sample the MMO’s new playable prologue, in which the first explorers to the mysterious Island of Dawn are shipwrecked and attacked by demons the moment they land. They’ll then join up with a regiment of soldiers and make a push to repel the demons, while learning TERA’s contextual action combat system and the importance of using skill rather than stats to take down enemies.
During the open beta, players will be able to reach a max level of 32, with that character carrying over into the live game provided you have pre-ordered. Pre-order customers also gain access to TERA’s head-start period, beginning April 28th.
To access TERA’s open beta, you’ll need to do the following:
- Log in (https://account.enmasse.com/) to your En Masse account. If you do not have an En Masse account yet, create one! (https://account.enmasse.com/
- Click the Enter Code button on the right.
- Enter the open beta test code: TERABETA
- Click the Submit button.
- Click the Download Game button under the Account Overview tab.
- This will start downloading the game launcher.
- Run the launcher and install the game so you’ll be ready to go when the servers open!
The beta begins Friday, April 20 at noon PST and ends Monday, April 23 at 11:59 p.m. PST. Have fun!