Since being released in arcades back in 2000, and subsequently being ported to countless system, Marvel Vs. Capcom 2: New Age of Heroes remains one of the most acclaimed fighting games of the past decade. The most recent ports have been of the Dreamcast version for the Xbox Live Arcade and the PlayStation Network, and now iPad and iPhone owners can experience all the mayhem on the go with a new iOS version.
Maintaining the same frantic gameplay and 56 character roster, Marvel Vs. Capcom 2 also includes the classic 2-player versus mode and introduces some modifications to suit the touch-screen controls and the iOS interface. The breakdown of some of these features is as follows:
- A full-featured port of one of the best fighting games of all-time
- Deep 56 Character Roster Featuring Characters from the Marvel and Capcom franchises
- One of the largest character rosters in any fighting game to date
- Bringing together Marvel’s greatest comic-book heroes and Capcom’s fiercest video-game fighters
- Versus Mode Battles
- Users can connect with other iPhone users via Bluetooth and play against each other
- New streamlined touchscreen controls optimized for iOS
- Introducing the “Flick Button,” a new control feature that streamlines complex inputs
The launch price of Marvel Vs. Capcom 2 was $4.99, however it is currently available for $2.99 as a promotional tie-in with The Avengers movie that has just been released. The promotional price is in effect until May 6, 2012. The game is compatible with iOS 5.0 and will run on fourth generation iPhones and iPods, as well as the second and third generations of the iPad. Unfortunately, it is not compatible with third generation iPhones, iPods and the first iPad.