So, last night Diablo III went down for some scheduled work and the implementation of patch 1.02. This patch is only making a few minor changes, and as you can read here there is more to come soon. Well, now that the game is sitting with a red down arrow still, I figured I’d jump on to knock out an update for you fine readers of what we can expect when the game goes live today.
- Active Skills
- Skill Rune – Tranquility
- Duration of immunity granted to nearby allies from crowd control effects reduced from 2 seconds to 1 second
Maybe that extra second was breaking the game, but 2 seconds isn’t long in the Diablo world. Still, balance is the name of the game and I have faith in ol’ Blizzard. There are some less impactful updates as well to make life run a little smoother. Most importantly a ton of new tweaks are hitting the auction house, thank Ytar.
- The auction log in the Completed tab will now display a player’s activity (bids, buyouts, sales, etc) in the proper order
- When placing a new bid over a previous bid on the same auction, players will now be provided with the correct warning message: “Raising your maximum bid on an Auction you are already winning raises your current bid to just above your previous maximum bid. Are you sure you want to continue?”
- Players will now receive an error message if they attempt to purchase an item after the 50 item limit has been reached in the Completed tab
- The “Physical Damage” Preferred Stats option for rings has been renamed to “Bonus Minimum Physical Damage”
- The “All Damage” Preferred Stats option for weapons and armor has been removed and replaced with bonuses of specific damage types
- Items which have been purchased from a vendor and equipped by the player can now be sold on the Auction House
- Listing items on the Auction House from a different character than the one currently selected should no longer cause item display issues