Thatgamecompany‘s Journey is an unequaled masterpiece, most reviews (including ours) will tell you. Now, the developer has decided to give you the chance to experience the game again with the release of Journey: Collector’s Edition coming to the PlayStation 3 on August 28th.
The collector’s edition of the game will come alongside Thatgamecompany’s other Sony-published works, Flow and Flower, as well as creator commentary for all three games, and a behind-the-scenes documentary about the development of Journey. The full contents of the CE are as follows:
- All three thatgamecompany-Sony titles (Flow, Flower and Journey)
- A 30-minute behind-the-scenes documentary about the making of Journey
- Creator Commentary play-throughs of all three games
- Three exclusive mini-games from thatgamecompany
- Concept art and screenshot galleries for all three games
- Original soundtracks for all three games
- PS3 dynamic themes and wallpapers
- PSN avatars including 8 exclusive new Journey avatars never released before
- Official game trailers and developer diary videos
- Reversible cover art
The three mini-games, Gravediggers, Duke War!! and Nostril Shot are multiplayer-themed, and were developed within 24 hours during Thatgamecompany’s Game Jam. The entire package will sell of $29.99, and is set to be a perfect way to end your summer. Which, personally, I appreciate. Though I’ve played Flow and Flower, I missed Journey the first time around, and haven’t had the time to jump into it since, so this release is the perfect excuse to play what I’ve come to understand is one of the best downloadable experiences I’ll ever have. Yeah, I’m pretty excited.