CCP Games today announced a premium Mercenary Pack, linked with the free-to-play MMOFPS, DUST 514, expected to be released later this year. The Mercenary Pack will provide players with an arsenal of gear, game currency, and a booster to help expand their prowess on the battlefield. It also includes some exclusive items, giving early adopters the opportunity to get their hands on some unique armour and weapons, as well as an all-access pass to the closed-beta events that are occurring throughout the summer.
The full list of what the Merc Pack includes is right here:
- 4,000 Aurum ($20 value) – the in-game currency for DUST 514 that you can buy in the PS Store
- 30-Day Active Skill Booster – increases earned Skill Points (SP) by 50%
- ‘Dragonfly’ Scout Dropsuit – a uniquely designed armor with unlimited use
- ‘Toxin’ ICD-9 Submachine Gun with unlimited use and a custom skin
- HK4M Shotgun x 50
- Hacked Drop Uplink x 50 – allows players to create on-the-spot spawn points for their teammates
- Fused Locus Grenade x 50
- 1.5dn Myofibril Stimulant x 50 – offers players a temporary melee damage boost against opponents
- All Access Beta Pass – allows players to participate in every Beta Event, as well as additional play sessions during off weekends
You can purchase the Mercenary Pack in the US today for $19.99, and on June 27 in Europe for €17.99 /£13.99. I don’t know how I feel about the devs offering an edge to the players who decide to spend extra money on the game, but I suppose the limited-use items will be long spent by the time the game goes live. I just hope that it doesn’t make the beta events less enjoyable for anyone. Sometimes, damage boosts and special weapons can ruin the fun.