In a reveal made through their Twitch.tv channel, Paradox Interactive has announced that the clandesitne ‘Project Truman’ they’ve been working on is the next entry in the developer’s grand strategy game: Europa Universalis IV. Here’s the trailer:
The niche publisher/developer has long been a boon to the hardcore strategy games, and the EU series easily represents the epitome of their dedication to the genre. The last major game in the franchise was released in 2007, so the six years in between this has afforded the team making the game time to consider new features and ideas for the game. Here’s a rundown of some of the main features as presented by Paradox:
* Make your own decisions: Nation building is completely flexible.
* Use your Monarch Power: In this new system, a leader’s traits will direct the ebb and flow of gameplay.
* Experience history come to life: The great personalities of the past are on hand to support you as you make your mark on thousands of historical events.
* Turn the world into your playground: Enjoy over 300 years of gameplay in a lush topographic map in full 3D.
* Gain control of vital trade routes and make the wealth of the world flow to your coffers in the all-new trade system.
* Bring out your negotiating skills in a deeper diplomatic system.
* Go online and battle against your friends in an all-new multiplayer gameplay that features hot-join, improved chat, a new matchmaking server and support for a standalone server.
* Create your own history and customize your game: Europa Universalis IV gives you the chance to customize and mod practically anything your heart may desire.
You can expect the game on your PC come Q3 2013.